Here is your quick recap of the third quarter of USC-Vandy in Columbia:
- USC started the second half with the ball. They opened on their own 25 yard line. The Gamecocks moved the ball right down the field and scored another touchdown to extend the lead to 35-10 with 10:22 left in the quarter. The drive was capped by a pass from Connor Shaw to Brandon Wilds for a 33 yard touchdown.
- Scoring drive summary: 10 plays, 74 yards, 4:38
- On its next possession Vanderbilt was driving and was deep in the USC red zone after a fourth and six conversion. However, on the very next play after the conversion Jadeveon Clowney came in for a sack, stripped the ball, and it was recovered by Kelcy Quarles.
- USC took over on its own 23 after the turnover. The Gamecocks were unable to pick up a first down and punted on 4th and three.
- After a short punt (18 yards) Vanderbilt took over on the USC 49. The Dores moved the ball inside the USC ten and were facing a second and goal from the five yard line as the quarter ended.
THIRD QUARTER SCORE: USC 35, VANDERBILT 10