A quick recap of the second quarter of USC-Vandy in Columbia:
- Vanderbilt started the second quarter facing a 2nd down and six from its own 39. The Commodores picked up a first down and moved across the 50 for the first time in the game, but they didn’t pick up another first down after. The ended the possession with a punt.
- After the punt, USC took over on its on its own eight yard line. The Gamecocks put together another 90+ yard drive, this one covering 92 yards and capped with a 26 yard touchdown pass from Connor Shaw to Bruce Ellington to make it 28-0 USC with 10:03 left in the half.
- USC drive summary: 8 plays, 92 yards, 3:23 off the clock.
- Vanderbilt had another three and out on its next possession and punted it back to USC.
- After a 72 yard punt USC took over on its own its own eight yard line. Dylan Thompson returned at quarterback for the Gamecocks possession. Thompson moved the Gamecocks into Vandy territory before he threw an interception. That pick was returned 69 yards by Vandy to the Gamecock one yard line.
- One the next play Vanderbilt scored on a one yard touchdown run by Jerron Seymore. That made the score 28-7 USC with 3:38 to play in the half.
- USC failed to score on its next possession and punted for the first time with less than a minute to play in the half.
- Vandy took over on its own 17 after the punt. The Dores picked up a big gain on first down and moved across the 50 into Gamecock territory and attempted a 54 yard field goal with :5 to play. The kick was good to make it 28-10 USC
- Vandy scoring drive: 4-46 yards, :24 seconds.
HALFTIME SCORE: USC 28, VANDY 10