Steve Spurrier held his weekly news conference today to put the Georgia loss behind him and look ahead to this weekend’s matchup with Vanderbilt. Spurrier said multiple times that the blame for the loss to the Bulldogs starts and ends with him. The HBC may have mentioned the words “bad coaching” and “my fault” more Tuesday than at any other press conference since he arrived at USC.
Here are a few other notes from Spurrier:
- Spurrier said there’s a chance Kadetrix Marcus could play Saturday.
- Cody Waldrop is going to see a foot specialist and is not expected to play Saturday.
- Spurrier said Jadeveon Clowney and his foot are fine and will practice today.
- Spurrier says Vandy has better athletes than in the past and they want to be competitive in the sec.
- Spurrier said nick jones is in better shape and is a good route runner and may be featured more.
- Spurrier questioned the effort of some players on special teams.
- Spurrier said bad call on fourth and goal should have gone up the middle.