We’ve got Steve Spurrier’s Sunday teleconference for you here. Just in case you don’t have time to listen for yourslef, here are the highlights:
- Spurrier says they got out of the UNC game pretty much injury free. Defensive back Kadetrix Marcus is the only player who is listed as “out” for this week. He has a shoulder injury that could keep him out for a few weeks.
- Bruce Ellington should be back to 100 percent this week after nursing a hamstring injury during the North Carolina game.
- Spurrier says the extra few days off will be good for the extra rest for injuries, but he downplayed the advantage vs. UGA playing last night.
- After watching the film Spurrier says they didn’t do much offensively after the first quarter. “That was a little disappointing,” he said. Spurrier says the pass protection wasn’t as bad as it appeared though.
- Spurrier said both Mike Davis and Brandon Wilds will play against Georgia. The one that is playing the best will probably get more carries.
- SOS on Clowney vs. UNC: “ We all watched what happened out there and obviously Jadeveon was not up to par. …I think Jadeveon has learned the camera is on him every play.”
- Spurrier said whatever he told Clowney after the UNC game will remain between them. He feels Clowney will play better this week.
- Spurrier said they will look into playing Dylan Thompson more. He reiterated that Shaw is his starter.
- Spurrier says his team is in good shape and he isn’t going to do anything extra in terms of conditioning this week for the UGA game.