Here is the quickie recap of the 3rd quarter of USC and UNC at Williams-Brice Stadium:
- North Carolina opened the second half with the ball. The Tar Heels came out with a solid drive and made a few big third and fourth down conversions, including a fourth and 10 on from the Gamecock 30 to move the chains and keep the drive going. They moved inside the Gamecocks five yard line and had a first and goal but were unable to punch it in. They settled for a 20 yard field goal to make it 20-10 USC with 7:51.
- Drive summary: 17 plays, 67 yards, 7:09 off the clock.
- USC didn’t waste any time answering. Mike Davis took the ball on the first play of the drive and raced 75 yards for a touchdown. That made it 27-10 with 7:38 to play.
- Drive summary: 1-75-:13.
- North Carolina had moderate success on its next drive, but ended up punting around midfield.
- After the punt US took over on its own 12.
Third quarter score: USC:27, North Carolina: 10