Here are a few notes following Clemson’s practice today, which was a controlled scrimmage in Death Valley. Below the notes is Dabo Swinney’s interview with the media.
- Swinney said they have made progress, but they have a lot of work to do before the opener against Georgia.
- Swinney said the position he is most concerned about is tight end because they don’t have a lot of depth there.
- Freshman tight end Jordan Leggett left practice with a leg injury. The coaches are concerned about the severity.
- The offensive line has a nickname: “The Union”
- Swinney said David Beasley has been one of the most pleasant surprises on the offensive line.
- Quarterback Chad Kelley and tight end Sam Cooper both could return from spring ACL injuries by October 1st. That is ahead of schedule. Both of them went down in the Orange and White game.
- Swinney said he saw Stanford’s David Shaw watching football video’s on an iPad and he was jealous. Now his entire staff has an iPad.