Clemson coach Dabo Swinney won a “closest to the pin” contest Monday during the festivities of the annual Chick-fil-A Bowl Challenge charity golf tournament. Swinney stroked a 65 yard approach shot within 10 feet of the pin to win the prize.
USC coach Steve Spurrier is also playing in this tournament, but his name didn’t show up in the story and it isn’t clear if he participated in the closest to the pin or the long drive contest.
Here is the full release and results:
N.C. State head football coach Dave Doeren, Clemson head football coach Dabo Swinney, former Georgia Tech basketball player Jon Barry and former Ole Miss basketball player Sean Tuohy took home victories in today’s skills competitions at the Chick-fil-A Bowl Challenge charity golf tournament.
In the Long Drive Competition, Doeren took home the title with a 292-yard drive. Barry, the 2011 and 2012 Long Drive Competition winner, defended his title for a third year with a drive of 319 yards.
In the Closest to the Pin Contest, Swinney hit the 65-yard shot to within 10 feet to win the coaches division. Tuohy’s shot was within four feet of the cup.
All four of the winners will receive $5,000 in scholarship prize money for their universities.
The full results from the Long Drive Competition include:
- Dave Doeren, NC State :292 yards
- Jon Barry, Georgia Tech :319 yards
- Hugh Freeze, Ole Miss: 290 yards
- Riley Skinner, Wake Forest: 316 yards
- Scott Shafer, Syracuse: 281 yards
- Gino Toretta, Miami: 307 yards
- Dabo Swinney, Clemson : 281 yards
- Bo Jackson, Auburn: 296 yards
- Gus Malzhan, Auburn: 277 yards
- Jeff Logan, Ohio State: 296 yards
- Al Golden, Miami: 261 yards
- Fred McCrary, Mississippi State: 282 yards
- Urban Meyer, Ohio State: 254 yards
- Sean Tuohy, Ole Miss : 268 yards
- Dan Mullen, Mississippi State: 205 yards
- Jim Boeheim, Syracuse: 255 yards
- Steve Fuller, Clemson: 235 yards