Here is a quick look at how some of the players with local ties are doing at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis. Players were tested in the 40 yard dash, vertical jump and how many reps they could lift 225 pounds. Keep in mind that not all of the players did all of the drills.
- Cordarelle Patterson (Northwestern High School, Tennessee) ran the 8th fastest 40 time at 4.42 and had a 37” vertical jump.
- Sam Montgomery (Greenwood High School, LSU) ran a 4.81 and had a 34.5” vertical.
- Nuk Hopkins (Daniel High School, Clemson) ran a 4.57 40 and had a 36” vertical.
- Andre Ellington (Berkley High School, Clemson) ran a 4.61 40 (he appeared to pull his hamstring during the run) and had a 34” vertical.
- Ace Sanders (USC) ran a 4.58 40 and had a 32” vertical.
- Devonte Holloman (South Pointe High School, USC) ran a 4.76, had a 33” vertical and did 15 reps of the 225 weight.
- T.J. Johnson (Aynor High School, USC) 5.33 40, 35” vertical, 32 reps
- Justice Cunningham (Central High School, USC) 4.94 40, 31.5” vertical
- Kwame Geathers (Carvers Bay High School, Georgia) 5.44 40, 26.5″ vertical
- Malliciah Goodman (West Florence High School, Clemson) 4.87 40, 31.5″ vertical and 26 reps
Defensive backs will run Tuesday and we will update this list after that happens.