The USC football team went through a morning workout Wednesday as they continue to prepare for the New Year’s Day Outback Bowl against Michigan. The team worked out for about two hours before taking off for an outing at a local Outback Steakhouse for some grub and photo ops. Gamecock coach Steve Spurrier was kind enough to chat with the media before rolling out to take down a blooming onion and a T-bone.
Some notes from the HBC:
- Connor Shaw is as healthy as he’s been in a while and is ready to go.
- Michigan’s defense impresses Spurrier, especially the front four.
- The HBC thought Lorenzo Ward did very well in his first season running the defense and is developing into one of the best defensive coordinators in college football.
- Spurrier expects everyone to be fine academically and doesn’t think they will have anyone ineligible.
- Spurrier said he didn’t know and didn’t care if Stephen Garcia will come by during their stay in Tampa. The team will practice at Garcia’s old high school.
- Spurrier said it would be a huge accomplishment for the team to win 11 games a second straight year.
Take a listen to Spurrier below:
AUDIO: Steve Spurrier [3:00]