Here are the highlights of another high scoring quarter at Death Valley.
- NC State started the second half with the ball. The Wolfpack drive stalled on the Clemson 32. They attempted a 49 yard field goal and missed badly.
- Clemson’s first possession of the second half ended with a touchdown. The drive was capped by a 40 yard touchdown from Tajh Boyd to Martavis Bryant. The extra point made it 48-24 with 11:00 to play in the third quarter.
- Clemson scoring drive: 4-68-1:02
- NC State drove to the Clemson 25 yard line on its next possession, but the Pack came away empty after turning it over on downs.
- Clemson put another touchdown on the board on its next possession and again it was Tajh Boyd that made it happen. Boyd ran it from nine yards out to extend Clemson’s lead to 55-24 with 4:13 left in the third quarter.
- Clemson drive summary.10 plays, 74 yards, 2:58
- NC State returned the ensuing kickoff to the Clemson 16 yard line. One play later they ran it in for a touchdown. The score cut the Clemson lead to 55-31 with 3:55 left.
- On Clemson’s next possession, Tajh Boyd is intercepted and the Wolfpack return it 19 yards to the Clemson six.
- It only took the Pack one play to score, Mike Glennon threw a six yard touchdown pass to pull the Wolfpack to 55-38 with 2:28 left in the quarter. That was the fourth time the Pack scored a touchdown on just one play.
- Clemson made sure things didn’t get too dicey though. On the next possession Boyd hit Brandon Ford on a 69 yard touchdown pass to extend the lead to 62-38 with 1:39 left in the third.
- Clemson scoring drive: 3 plays, 75, :59
- The third quarter ended with NC State on the Clemson 31.
THIRD QUARTER SCORE: Clemson 62-38