Here is a quick recap of the first quarter of Saturday’s game between 12th ranked USC and Arkansas at Williams-Brice Stadium:
- Arkansas won the toss and received to start the game. The Razorbacks picked up two first downs before punting.
- USC started its first possession of the game on its own 23. The Gamecocks turned the drive into a touchdown capped with a 29 yard pass from Connor Shaw to tight end Jerell Adams. It was Adams’ first career touchdown catch. It gave the Gamecocks a 7-0 lead with 5:47 left in the first quarter.
- USC scoring drive summary: 10 plays, 77 yards in 3:49
- Arkansas went three-and-out on its next possession and punted. Jadeveon Clowney made the big play of the drive with a sack on second down to put the Razorbacks in a hole.
- After the punt, USC took over on its own 7 yard line. The Gamecocks picked up one first down before they were forced to punt from the 18.
- After a 51-yard punt the Razorbacks reclaimed possession on its own 31. The quarter came to en end with Arkansas facing 2nd-and-8 from its own 48.
FIRST QUARTER SCORE: USC, 7-0