Clemson coach Dabo Swinney held his weekly news conference Tuesday to preview the Tigers Saturday night matchup at Georgia Tech. Clemson enters the game undefeated (8-0, 5-0 ACC) and ranked 5th in the BCS. Georgia Tech is 6-2 and 3-2 in the conference. The Yellow Jackets have dropped two straight games at Virginia and at Miami.
Other notables about the matchup between the Tigers and Yellow Jackets:
- Over the past 16 years this has been one over the ACC’s most competitive series. 12 of the past 16 games have been decided by five points or less.
- Clemson won last year’s game 27-13 but Georgia Tech has taken four of the past five games and six of the last eight.
- Clemson’s last win in Atlanta came in a 39-3 win in 2003.
- This will be the fifth time Dabo Swinney has faced Georgia Tech. He’s 1-3 in those games. Swinney’s first game as a head coach was against the Yellow Jackets in 2008. The Tigers played Tech twice in 2009 and once last year.
- Clemson has scored 50 or more points in each of the last two games. That is a first for the program.
- Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd enters this game tied for the national lead in touchdown passes with 24. Boise State’s Kellen Moore also has 24. Boyd has thrown just three interceptions.
- Saturday night’s game kicks off at 8:12 on ABC. Clemson is a four point favorite.