Dabo Swinney held his weekly press conference today to preview 8th ranked Clemson’s home game against North Carolina Saturday. The Tigers are 7-0 and 4-0 in the ACC. The Tar Heels are 5-2 and 1-2 in the conference. Saturday’s game kicks off at noon on ESPN.
A few other notes about this weekend’s game:
- Clemson leads the all-time series against the Tar Heels 34-19-1. The Tigers are 17-7 at home and 15-11-1 in Chapel Hill. Clemson has won five of the past seven games in this series, but the Heels won 21-16 last year.
- Clemson is one of 10 remaining undefeated teams in the BCS. The Tigers are ranked 7th in the current BCS rankings.
- Clemson ranks 15th in the nation in total offense, averaging 487 yards per game. They are 21st in scoring with a 38 point per game average.
- Wide receiver Sammy Watkins is ranked 10th in the nation in all-purpose yards. He is tied for third in touchdown receptions with eight.
- Clemson will honor the 1981 national championship team at halftime Saturday.
- Clemson has opened as a 9.5 point favorite over the Tar Heels.