It is weekly news conference day here in Clemson. Dabo Swinney will take his eighth ranked and undefeated Clemson football team on the road this weekend to face Maryland. Clemson is 3-0 in the ACC, its best start since the 2000 season under Tommy Bowden when the team started 5-0. Maryland is 2-3 and 1-1 in the ACC.
A few other facts and figures about this game:
- Maryland has won six of the last ten games in this series. Clemson won last year’s game 31-7 at Death Valley. The Tigers lost to the Terps 24-21 in the 2009 game at Byrd Stadium.
- Clemson holds a 31-26-2 lead in the all-time series. Clemson is 14-13-2 all-time in games played at Maryland or in Baltimore.
- Clemson has the most wins in ACC history. Maryland is second. Both teams have won a national title, Clemson in 1981 and Maryland in 1953.
- Clemson is one of 13 undefeated teams in College football and one of seven that is 6-0. It is the Tigers’ best start since the opened 8-0 in 200. That streak ended with a loss to Georgia Tech.
- Clemson is one of 10 undefeated teams playing a road game this weekend.
- Clemson has opened as an eight point favorite over the Terps. Kickoff is at 7:00 on ESPNU.