Good news for Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd. Dabo Swinney expects Boyd will be back on the field this week against Maryland. His strained hip feels better today and he will probably be full go at practice most of the week.
Here are the highlights of Swinney’s Sunday teleconference:
- Swinney said Tajh Boyd is doing better today. Boyd is a little sore in is hip area, but he should be good to go by Tuesday. Swinney said it was “very probable” Boyd will be on the field against Maryland. He said Boyd isn’t in much pain today and there is no swelling.
- Swinney said he was upset with Boyd when he found out he wasn’t wearing a hip pad during Saturday’s game. He said a hip pad may have prevented the injury.
- Although it looked like Boyd landed funny on his knee, not his hip, Swinney said it was the blow to the side that caused the injury. Swinney said the fact Boyd’s knee gave way probably helped him absorb the blow.
- Swinney said Saturday’s game against B.C. was the closed they have been to playing to their potential all year.
- Swinney was very pleased with his defense, especially the defensive lineman. He likes the progress the defense is making and said he hopes by the end of the year they will be one of the best units in the country.
- Offensively, Swinney said they were “very, very close to putting it all together” Saturday.