USC football coach Steve Spurrier held his weekly teleconference with the media Sunday afternoon. He reviewed the loss to Auburn and briefly looked ahead to the Kentucky game. Following are some of the comments and other notes offered up by Spurrier:
- Spurrier said any lineup changes will be announce on Monday or Tuesday.
- Ingram and Quarles banged up from Auburn game but should be okay. Decision on Kyle Nunn coming later in the week.
- Any change at quarterback to be announced Monday or Tuesday.
- Shaw and Dylan Thompson have scrimmaged well in Monday night scrimmages.
- Got to shake up the offense some how.
- Spurrier is calling the plays and has been calling them.
- We were winning to last night. We were living thru a lot of errors Stephen was making just hoping they would go away.
- We’ve got to figure out what we’re going to do.
- Kentucky offense has struggled and hopes the defense can have an outstanding game.
Matulis or Gibson will start at tackle if Nunn can’t play. Nunn has a back issue that could linger.