15th ranked Clemson hits the road for the first time this season Saturday when the Tigers travel to Blacksburg, VA for an ACC showdown with #10 Virginia Tech. The game will kickoff at 6:05 PM and will be televised on ESPN2.
Both teams are 4-0. Clemson is 1-0 in the ACC after a win over Florida State last weekend. This will be the Hokies’ ACC opener. Virginia Tech is coming off a win at Marshall.
Key pre-game notes:
- Virginia Tech leads the series 17-12-1 and has won the last five meetings
- Former Clemson quarterback and assistant Mike O’Cain is QB coach at VT
- Clemson TE coach Danny Pearman once coached at VT
- Clemson is 4-0 for the first time since 2007
- Clemson last started 5-0 in 2000 when it won its first eight games
- Clemson is completing a run of three games against nationally ranked teams
- Clemson never has beaten three top 25 teams in a row
- VT has a 15 game home winning streak and a 12 game ACC winning streak
- This will be Frank Beamer’s 300th game as head coach at Virginia Tech