Dabo Swinney held his weekly press conference this morning to preview the Tigers upcoming game against defending national champion and 21st ranked Auburn this weekend at Death Valley. Both teams enter the game at 2-0. You can take a listen to all of Dabo’s comments below.
Other facts and figures on the battle of the Tigers:
- Auburn holds a 34-11-2 lead in the all-time series with Clemson. Auburn has won 14 straight in this series. The last time Clemson beat Auburn was 1954, 34-0 in Clemson. The schools have only met three times since 1971.
- This is Auburn’s first trip to Clemson since 1970. They won that game 44-0.
- Each of the past two games in this series has gone to overtime. Auburn won 23-20 in the 2007 Chick-fil-A Bowl and 24-27 last year at Jordan-Hare Stadium.
- Auburn coach Gene Chizik was a graduate assistant at Clemson under Danny Ford. Chizik has a Master’s degree from Clemson.
- Saturday will mark the third time Clemson has faced a defending national champion at Death Valley. They are 2-0 in the previous games with wins over Georgia Tech in 1991 and Georgia in 1981.
- These two teams will open next season at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta.
- Clemson and Auburn will play at noon Saturday. The game will be televised by ABC. Clemson is a 3 ½ point favorite.