About the Award: This is the eighth year that the Walter Camp Football Foundation will honor one offensive and one defensive player as its national Bowl Championship Subdivision player of the week during the regular season. Recipients are selected by a panel of national media members and administered by the Walter Camp Football Foundation.
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
T.Y. HILTON, FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL
Senior, Wide Receiver, Miami, FL/Miami Springs
- Florida International senior wide receiver T.Y. Hilton recorded a school-record 201 receiving yards and added two
- touchdown receptions (74 and 83 yards) as the Panthers defeated Louisville, 24-17.
- Hilton had seven receptions and finished with 268 all-purpose yards. It was FIU’s first-ever victory over a BCS automatic qualifier opponent.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
MELVIN INGRAM, SOUTH CAROLINA
Senior, Defensive End, Hamlet, NC/Richmond County
- South Carolina defensive end Melvin Ingram had an all-around game as the Gamecocks held off SEC-rival Georgia,
- 45-42. Ingram recovered a fumble and returned it for a touchdown, and took a direct snap (off a fake punt) and ran
- 68 yards for a score. He added one tackle and secured the victory when he recovered an onside kick.