Dabo Swinney held a teleconference Sunday to discuss the Tigers win over Wofford Saturday afternoon and share his thoughts on the upcoming game against Auburn.
Here are a few of the highlights of his comments:
- Swinney said the team’s goal was to be 2-0 at this point and that is where they are. He added they have to be a lot better to get to 3-0 with a win over Auburn.
- Swinney was pleased with the progress of quarterback Tajh Boyd. He also highlighted the play of Andre Ellington at running back.
- Swinney said Sammy Watkins has a chance to be a difference maker this year.
- Swinney said the team is a work in progress. He knows the competition goes up a notch beginning this weekend with Auburn.
- Swinney doesn’t expect any major personnel changes this week. He did mention David Smith had a disappointing day on the offensive line Saturday.
- On the injury front Swinney says Demont Buice is day to day with a mild concession. Andre Branch separated his thumb but Swinney said he should be fine.
- Swinney said Rashard Hall will play this weekend. He sat out against Wofford with a knee injury. Swinney said he thought about playing Hall in the second half against Wofford but decided against it.