Clemson coach Dabo Swinney has the task this week of getting his players focused for a game against an in-state FCS opponent. But while Wofford plays in a lower tier of the college football model, the Terriers play a style of offense that gives fits to schools of all sizes. And they are good at it. Clemson doesn’t often see the wingbone, so defensive coordinator Kevin Steele faces the challenge of getting a seldom used scheme ready in just a few days. Saturday’s game in Death Valley will kickoff at 3:34 PM and will be available via ESPN3.com.
Key pre-game notes:
- Clemson leads the series 10-3.
- Clemson won the last meeting in 2001 38-14.
- Wofford’s last win in the series was in 1933.
- Clemson is 24-0 all time against FCS level teams.
- The average score of a Clemson game vs a FCS team is 37-6.
- Clemson has won 39 straight games against SOCON teams.
- Clemson FS Rashard Hall likely is out for Saturday with a knee injury.