Steve Spurrier held his weekly press conference to preview this weekend’s game against Georgia. The Gamecocks are 1-0 and coming off a 56-37 win over East Carolina last week. The Bulldogs are 0-1 after a 35-21 loss to Boise State in their season opener.
Click below to hear all of the HBC’s comments.
Facts and figures on USC vs Georgia
- This is USC’s 20th season in the SEC. The Gamecocks are 8-11 in conference openers. 16 of those 19 games have been against Georgia with the Bulldogs winning ten of those games.
- Stephen Garcia will start at quarterback Saturday. This will be his third career start against the Bulldogs. He’s 1-1 in the first two starts. Garcia has put up solid numbers against the Dawgs in his career, completing 43-71 passes for 478 yards and two touchdowns and one interception. Two years ago in Athens he threw for 313 yards and two scores in a loss.
- Last season Marcus Lattimore rushed for 182 yards and two touchdowns against Georgia.
- Steve Spurrier holds a 13-5 all-time record against Georgia. He was 11-1 against the Dawgs during his stint at Florida. He is 2-4 against them as USC’s head coach. Spurrier’s team’s have scored 30 or more points on Georgia in 10 of the 18 games they’ve meet.
- Saturday will mark the 64th time these two teams have played. Clemson is the only team to have faced USC more. The Bulldogs lead the series 46-15-2. They have a 26-7 advantage in games played in Athens.
USC and Georgia will kick off at 4:30 Saturday. The game will be televised on ESPN. Carolina is a three point favorite.