At least 44 baseball games featuring Atlantic Coast Conference teams are scheduled to be telecast during the 2011 season, Commissioner John Swofford announced on today.
The slate of games includes eight Saturday afternoon broadcasts of ACC games on the Regional Sports Network, a group of regionally-based outlets that will provide coverage to all areas of the league’s geographical footprint. In addition, RSN will carry all 13 games of the 2011 ACC Championship, scheduled for May 25-29 at Durham (N.C.) Bulls Athletic Park. This will mark the fourth consecutive season that RSN will carry all of the ACC Championship games live.
At least 23 additional conference and non-conference games are scheduled to be televised regionally, beginning with Florida State’s home game against Jacksonville on Feb. 22. Regional game highlights include the battle of long-time rivals Clemson and defending NCAA champion South Carolina in a rematch of the 2010 College World Series’ Bracket Two final (March 6 at 2 p.m. on Comcast Sports Southeast).
The final RSN regular-season ACC broadcast on May 21 will also feature a pair of 2010 College World Series teams as Clemson travels to Florida State. Other highlights include the entire three-game series between 2010 NCAA tournament participants Georgia Tech and Miami (March 26-28) and two games between in-state rivals Florida State and Florida in another pairing of teams that met in last year’s CWS.
Other games between preseason ranked and/or perennial NCAA Tournament teams include defending ACC Coastal Division champion Virginia playing host to NC State and Miami, and North Carolina’s visit to Georgia Tech in late May.
Fox Sports Florida, Comcast Sports Southeast and Sun Sports will provide the regional telecasts of games. Please see the complete schedule below for all games involving ACC teams that are currently scheduled to be shown during the 2011 season.
Date Game Network Time
- Feb 22 Jacksonville at Florida State FSFL 3:30 p.m.
- Mar 1 Miami at South Florida CSS 4 p.m.
- Mar 6 South Carolina at Clemson CSS 2 p.m.
- Mar 12 Virginia Tech at Miami CSS 7 p.m.
- Mar 12 Boston College at Fla. State FSFL 6 p.m.
- Mar 13 Boston College at Fla. State SUN 1 p.m.
- Mar 15 Florida State at Florida SUN 7 p.m.
- Mar 23 Stetson at Florida State FSFL 6 p.m.
- Mar 25 Georgia Tech at Miami CSS 7 p.m.
- Mar 26 Georgia Tech at Miami RSN 1 pm
- Mar 27 Georgia Tech at Miami CSS 1 p.m.
- Mar 29 Georgia at Clemson CSS 6:30 pm
- Mar 29 Florida vs. Florida State FSFL 7 p.m.
- Apr 9 Boston College at Duke RSN 1 p.m.*
- Apr 12 Georgia at Georgia Tech CSS 7 p.m.
- Apr 16 Florida State at Virginia Tech RSN 1 p.m.
- Apr 20 Clemson at Georgia CSS 7 p.m.
- Apr 22 Miami at North Carolina CSS 7 p.m.
- Apr 23 Miami at North Carolina CSS Tape delay at 4 p.m.
- Apr 23 NC State at Virginia RSN 1 p.m.
- Apr 24 Miami at North Carolina CSS 1 p.m.
- Apr 29 Florida State at Miami CSS 7 p.m.
- Apr 30 Florida State at Miami CSS 7 p.m.
- Apr 30 Georgia Tech at Clemson RSN 1 p.m.
- May 1 Florida State at Miami CSS 1 p.m.
- May 7 Maryland at North Carolina RSN 1 p.m.
- May 7 UCF at Florida State SUN 6:30 p.m.
- May 14 Miami at Virginia RSN 1 p.m.
- May 15 Miami at Virginia CSS 12:30 p.m.
- May 15 North Carolina at Ga. Tech CSS 1 p.m.
- May 21 Clemson at Florida State RSN 1 p.m.
- May 25 ACC Championship RSN 11 a.m., 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- May 26 ACC Championship RSN 11 a.m., 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- May 27 ACC Championship RSN 11 a.m., 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- May 28 ACC Championship RSN 11 a.m., 3 p.m., 7 p.m.
- May 30 ACC Championship RSN 1 p.m. #
RSN – Regional Sports Network (Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic, FOX Sports Net South. Fox Sports Net Florida, New England Sports Network, Fox Sports South, Sun Sports)
FSFL – Fox Sports Net Florida
CSS – Comcast Sports Southeast
SUN – Sun Sports