Roughly 24 hours before kickoff of the SEC Championship Football Game at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, USC head coach Steve Spurrier and Auburn head man Gene Chizik met with members of the media to give their final thoughts about the teams and the game.
Spurrier coached in the first SEC title game in Birmingham in 1992. In fact, his Florida Gators played in the first five championship games. He will be making his 8th championship game appearance. Chizik will be making his first appearance in the game while Auburn is here for the 4th time.
- USC is 9-3, 5-3 and ranked 18th (AP) and 16th (USA Today)
- Auburn is 12-0, 8-0 and ranked 2nd (AP) and 1 (BCS)
- Auburn defeated USC at Auburn 35-27 September 25th
- USC last defeated Auburn in 1933
- Steve Spurrier is 10-6 vs Auburn, but 0-3 while at USC
- Auburn is only team in nation to defeat 5 teams currently ranked in the AP top 25
- Auburn has won four games by three points or less
- USC is seeking its first conference championship since 1969, its 2nd all time