A busy Thursday as Phil headed over to Seawell’s for the South Carolina High School Football Coaches Association Palmetto Champions Awards Banquet. We talked to some high school coaches. We had Darrin Horn audio following last night’s win. Tori Gurley talked about the SEC championship game and, as always, recruiting.
- Bobby Carroll of South Pointe has gotten his team back into the title game to be played Saturday. Carroll has the fortune of coaching one of the top football players in the county in Jadaveon Clowney.
- Kevin Steele was in attendance and sat down with Phil to talk about his hometown, Dillon, and their football team. He also talked about what they need to do in Clemson to get the program back on track.
- Marlboro County LB Lateek Townsend was on hand and also met with Phil to talk about his season.
- David Shelton of The High School Sports Report joined us to preview the Class 4A, Division 1 title game between Northwestern and Goose Creek.
- USC WR Tori Gurley spoke with the media earlier this week about the SEC championship game.
- Another coach to sit down with Phil tonight was SC State head coach Buddy Pough. He talked about the direction of the program.
- Recruiting keeps on going.
- Delaware State gave USC a tough game last night with the Gamecocks using strong defense in the second half to win 74-61. Darrin Horn talked about the win and began looking ahead to Clemson.