On a beautiful day in Columbia, USC hosts Troy in their final home game of the season. A pre-game ceremony honored the seniors and their families. Freshman RB Marcus Lattimore would be looking to become the first running back at USC to rush for 1,000 yards since Derek Watson in 2000. It would not take long as Lattimore rushed for nearly 100 yards and three touchdowns in the first quarter.
- Troy was the toss and elected to receive. The opening kick was fumbled and recovered by Antonio Allen on the Trojan 17-yard line. Lattimore got the carry on the first play of scrimmage rumbling 17 yards for a USC touchdown. It was Lattimore’s 17th touchdown of the season setting the record for touchdowns in a season by a Gamecock. USC 7 Troy 0.
- After Troy kicked it bak to USC, it took the Gamecocks and Lattimore just three plays to 71 yards. After WR Ace Sanders took an end around for five yards, Lattimore did the rest with a 58-yard run followed by a 8-yard run ending in pay dirt. Scoring Drive: 3 plays, 71 yards, 1:06 USC 14 Troy 0
- Another mistake by the Trojans gave USC the ball on the Troy 29. Punter Will Goggans dropped the ball as he attempted to kick and was quickly swallowed up by the USC special teams.
- QB Stephen Garcia threw his first pass of the game completing a 24-yarder to WR Alshon Jeffery down to the 5. Lattimore scored his third TD of the season. Scoring Drive: 2 plays, 29 yards, .36 USC 21 Troy 0
- On their next possession, USC took over on their own 21. Garcia completed passes to Jefferey, WR Jason Barnes, and a 51-yarder to Ace Sanders for the score. Garcia went over 6,000 for his career on that play and is third all-time for the Gamecocks. Scoring Drive: 5 plays, 79 yards, 1:28 USC 28 Troy 0