SportsTalk begins another week with USC celebrating an SEC East title. Clemson was taken out of ACC contention with their loss at Florida State. We’ve got audio from the post-game interviews. The Tiger hoopsters are back in action tonight as well. Also, there was some NFL talk and recruiting.
- From Spirit Telecom, Executive Director W.J. Jordan, joined us to talk about their charity Legends Golf tournament out at Golden Hills in Lexington. Former Gamecocks and Tigers tee off to raise money for the two universities.
- Stephen Garcia quarterbacked his team to a 36-14 win at The Swamp over the weekend and, after the game, was in disbelief that USC was SEC East champs.
- Billy Napier’s offense was able to move the ball on the FSU defense but could only muster 13 points on the night. He was proud of the effort and disappointed for his team.
- Ellis Johnson’s defense played possibly their most complete game of the season only giving up a late touchdown in USC’s win Saturday night. Obviously, Johnson was pleased with their performance.
- There is only one race left in The Chase with just 15 points separating Denny Hamlin and four-time defending champ Jimmie Johnson. Darlington Raceway President Chris Browning joined us to talk about the exciting conclusion to this year’s Sprint Cup season.
- Recruiting is on the way.
- The Panthers dropped to 1-8 with another loss yesterday and quarterback, Jimmy Clausen, suffered a concussion during the game. Mick Mixon tried his best to find the positives from the Cats camp.