Clemson coach Dabo Swinney stuck to his “glass is half-full” philosophy in detailing his 4-4 football team Tuesday at his weekly news conference. The Tigers fell back to the .500 mark with their unexpected loss at Boston College last Saturday. Swinney remains optimistic about what can be accomplished this season as well as the direction of his program.
Key pre-game notes:
- Four Tigers are out with injuries…LB Daniel Andrews, RB Andre Ellington, DT Miguel Chavis, DE Kourtnei Brown.
- Clemson has won 6 in a row against State and leads the series 50-27-1.
- That’s Clemson’s longest active winning streak against an ACC foe.
- State’s last win in Clemson was in 2002.
- 8 of the last 13 meetings have been decided by 8 points or less.
- State QB Russell Wilson leads the ACC in passing average and total offense.