SportsTalk is winding up another week as Phil is in Boston covering the Tigers. The Gamecocks look to stay in first place in the SEC East. We talked high school football, the “Governor” made his return to the show, and some recruiting as well.
- The Governor vs. The Word pits former Governor Jim Hodges against Mike Morgan of The Braves Network.
- Derek Dooley is not having the most successful of years as he has yet to win an SEC game. It is not often you see the Tennessee Volunteers as the bottom of the SEC standings, but Dooley says the support is still faithful.
- Frank Spaziani is in his second year as the head man in Chesnut Hill and is also struggling this season. He says winning can mask a team’s problems where as losing magnifies them.
- David Shelton of The High School Sports Report joined the show tonight to preview the night of football across the state.
- Recruiting, often imitated…never duplicated.
- “In the Pits” rejoins us tonight as Frank Kerr, crew chief of the no. 47 car driven by Marcos Ambrose, joins us from Talladega.
- We continue to preview the ACC and SEC basketball seasons as we head to Tallahassee today.