Clemson coach Dabo Swinney held his weekly press conference Tuesday as his Tigers get ready for this weekend’s showdown with Georgia Tech. The Tigers are 3-3 and 1-2 in the ACC, the Yellow Jackets are 5-2 and 3-1 in league play.
Here are some other factoids about Saturday’s game:
- These two teams met twice last season, once in Atlanta and once in the ACC Championship game. Georgia Tech won the first game 30-27 and won the ACC title with a 39-34 win.
- Dabo’s Swinney’s first game as a head coach was against Georgia Tech. This is the fourth time in his young head coaching career that he’s faced the Yelllow Jackets.
- Georgia Tech has won four straight in this series and has won six of seven overall. The Yellow Jackets lead the overall series 49-24-2. Clemson has a 9-6 edge at Death Valley.
- Twelve of the past 15 meetings between these two schools have been decided by five points or less.
- Georgia Tech quarterback Josh Nesbitt needs just 44 yards to become the ACC’s career leader in rushing yards by a quarterback. The record his currently held by former Clemson start Woodrow Dantzler (2,761).
- Clemson has eight turnovers this year, six of those happened against Miami. The Tigers have not had a turnover in three of the past six games they’ve played.