Clemson has suffered consecutive losses to Auburn and Miami and the Tigers will try to avoid a third straight loss this Saturday at North Carolina. Tigers head coach Dabo Swinney had high praise for the Tar Heels during his weekly news conference Tuesday. He also expressed a lot of confidence about his own team, his staff and himself.
In breaking down the Tar Heels, Swinney said quarterback TJ Yates is playing well and is getting a lot of protection up front.
Key pre-game notes:
- Both teams are 2-2 overall, 0-1 in the ACC
- Clemson leads the series 34-18-1
- Clemson has won five of the last six meetings
- This will be Clemson’s first game at Keenan Stadium since 2002
- Dabo Swinney will be coaching his first game ever at Chapel Hill
- Clemson has lost its ACC road opener each of the past two seasons
- Clemson’s games are averaging 3:32 in length, tied for 5th longest in nation
- Clemson is second in nation in net punting at 43.42 yards per punt
- Andre Ellington leads the ACC in rushing at 95 yards per game
- Clemson went from 7th to 51st nationally in turnover margin after Miami game