SportsTalk winds up the week with a big dose of football! High school football Week Three is in full swing tonight. A lot of games across the state over the weekend include Clemson and PC, Wofford and Charleston Southern, and USC and Georgia. We bring you the best coverage right here on SportsTalk and at The South Carolina Radio Network. We will even sprinkle in a little recruiting tonight.
- Bruce Pearl got caught with his hand in the cookie jar but avoided termination. Hear his “sincere apology” as he cried crocodile tears during a press conference today.
- David Shelton joined the show tonight to preview high school football across the state. Shelton, of course, is the Managing Editor of the High School Sports Report.
- The Braves are struggling and cannot even win at home. Jair Jurrgens got shelled at The Ted last night as Atlanta drops another one, 11-4. They try and right the ship tonight with rookie lefty Mike Minor on the hill. Mike Morgan of The Braves Network talked about it in tonight’s Braves Report.
- It’s Governor Jim Hodges against The World. The governor has never lost and tied Corey Miller last week (although there is a protest by Hodges currently under review). Tonight, he goes head-to-head vs. controversial columnist, Ron Morris, of The State. *UPDATE* Upon further review….The Pastor Pain was 9-1 while the Governor was 8-2.
- Recruiting rolls on as the Korn brings you tonight’s report like only he can.