As we wind down the month of August, it can only mean that football is here. Football get into full swing around the state this week beginning with the USC/Southern Miss game Thursday night. Phil wrapped up the Palmetto Pigskin Tour at Wofford College today. The Braves continue to battle to their final strike with another come back win yesterday and recruiting really gets going now that high school football is in full swing.
- Phil kicked off the show visiting with Mike Ayers of Wofford. The two talked about the youth of the Terriers this upcoming season and the injuries suffered last year.
Wofford HC Mike Ayers
- Two players also met with Phil, per protocol, one from the offense and one from the defense. The Korn talked to a wide receiver, yes they have them at Wofford, and a safety.
Safety Tommy Irvin and WR Brenton Bersin
- The Braves capped off a 6-run comeback yesterday with a solo shot by Catcher Brian McCann with two outs in the bottom of the ninth. Mike Morgan talked about the Braves good fortunes at home throughout the season in tonight’s Braves Report.
Mike Morgan of The Braves Network
- The High School Sports Report has put out their football poll just a little while ago. David Shelton joined us to share those rankings with us on tonight’s show.
David Shelton of www.hssr.com
- We are wrapping up our SEC/ACC previews as we head to Wiston-Salem to see what is going on with the Demon Deacs.
Patrick Daniel looks at Wake Forest
- Recruiting has a lot going on. Catch up here.
Monday night’s Recruiting Report