Here is another update of the American Legion playoffs from SportsTalk correspondent Jim Seay:
Gaffney’s Post 109 became the first American Legion team to make it into the American Legion State Tournament by sweeping Easley in three straight winning Wednesday night 15-10.
Rock Hill is one win away from joining Gaffney in the best-of-five series after topping Spartanburg 11-4. Rock Hill will host the third game tonight. Also in the Upper State, the game was tied at 2-2 in the second inning before rain stopped the West Columbia-Greenville clash. They will begin the game again from the start at Airport High in West Columbia tonight. Greenville leads the series 1-0.
In the Lower State, Sumter rolled on in typical fashion blowing away Hartsville 12-1 and taking a 2-0 lead in the series. The P-15s and Hartsville will be at Sumter’s Riley Park tonight. Murrell’s Inlet is up 2-0 in its series with Florence by winning 10-6 Wednesday. Those two teams meet tonight at 7 in Florence.
The Goose Creek-Hilton Head clash was rained out again for the second night in a row. Hilton Head has a 1-0 advantage after their one meeting. They will have to play at least through Saturday and will try again tonight at Goose Creek.
- Gaffney 15-Easley 10 (Gaffney in State Tourney)
- Rock Hill 11-Spartanburg 4 (RH leads series 2-0)
- Sumter 12- Hartsville 1 (Sumter leads 2-0)
- Murrell’s Inlet 10-Florence 6 (Murrell’s Inlet leads 2-0)
- West Columbia-Greenville ppd (Greenville leads 1-0)
- Goose Creek-Hilton Head ppd (Hilton Head leads 1-0)