SportsTalk recaps last night’s basketball games with both the Gamecocks and Tigers winning league games. The Tigers defeated North Carolina for the first time in 10 meetings and the Gamecocks moved to 2-0 in the SEC for the first time since 1997.
- Devon Downey was a beast last night scoring 29 for USC in their win over LSU. Afterwards, he talked about his team’s play and another milestone in his college career.
USC Senior Point Guard Devon Downey
- Steve Spurrier formally introduced his new OL Coach, Shawn Elliott, today and used the opportunity to talk a little about last season’s football season. Spurrier touched on Clifton Geathers and whether he is going to leave early for the NFL Draft and also spoke on Lane Kiffin’s move to the west coast.
USC Head Coach Steve Spurrier
- Recruiting, recruiting, and more recruiting. Listen to Korn give his nightly recruiting report.
Thursday night’s Recruiting Report
- Roy Williams spoke with the media last night and praised the energy Clemson brought to the game. He was very disappointed with how his team handled the pressure.
UNC Head Basketball Coach Roy Williams
- Clemson guard Demontez Stitt had a big game against the Tar Heels and talked about how they prepared for UNC.
Clemson guard Demontez Stitt
- Basketball Consultant, Carey Rich, joined the guys in hour number two to breakdown both Clemson and USC’s victories last night. Rich also looked ahead for each team’s games this weekend.
“The Captain” Carey Rich
- Darrin Horn gets his team to 2-0 in the SEC with a home win over LSU last night. Afterwards, he spoke with the media and had high praise for Downey. Horn also talked about the adjustments they made at halftime that allowed USC to overcome an 8 point halftime deficit.
USC Head Basketball Coach Darrin Horn
- Oliver Purnell was business as usual after the victory over UNC last night. For Purnell, this victory is no bigger than any other ACC win. He says he is looking ahead to Saturday’s game in Raleigh against NC State.
Clemson Head Basketball Coach Oliver Purnell