The SportsTalk Pinto has taken Korn to Spartanburg as he is on Day Four of his coverage of the 2009 Shrine Bowl which pits high school football players from both North and South Carolina. Here are some highlights from tonight’s show.
- We start off with Byrnes RB Marcus Lattimore who will be starting at tailback for the Sandlappers. He is also one of the top prospects for this year’s class. Here is his conversation with Phil.
Sandlapper and Byrnes RB Marcus Lattimore
- Phil piggy-backed his talk with Lattimore with the rest of tonight’s recruiting report.
Thursday night’s Recruiting Report
- The end of the year is upon us and one of the recent traditions in the Capital City resumes tomorrow. Gary Fulmer, the Director of the Chick-Fil-A Classic, was in the studio to let everyone know what they can expect over the next several days in one of the nation’s premier holiday tournaments over at Richland Northeast. The tourney tips off on Friday.
RNE Athletic Director and Chick-Fil-A Classic Director, Gary Fulmer
- Steve Spurrier spoke with the media following Thurday’s bowl practice and we were there.
USC Head Coach Steve Spurrier
- Dabo Swinney also spoke after practice today about his team’s preparations for the Music City Bowl a week from Sunday. Listen in as he talks about what is going on in Tiger Town.
Clemson Head Coach Dabo Swinney
- Lewis Lineberger is happy about where his team is and how far they’ve come in just a couple of days. This is what he told Phil following practice.
Sandlapper and Johnsonville Head Coach, Lewis Lineberger