Clemson came out on top in a battle of heavyweights for DE Darien Mayo (6-7 250) of Olney, MD when he announced a commitment to the Tigers Thursday night. Mayo had narrowed his decision to Clemson, USC, Maryland, Michigan, Ohio State and Southern Cal.
Mayo took his official visit to Clemson the first weekend in June. He later took official visits to Ohio State and Southern Cal. He was scheduled for an official visit to Michigan this coming weekend but canceled it
Mayo also visited Clemson for a junior day in January. He visited USC for their spring game in April.
Mayo is the 12th commitment for the Tigers in the 2024 class and the first at defensive end.
Clemson 2024 commitments:
- TAVOY FEAGIN CB 6-0 170 TAMPA
- DARIEN MAYO DE 6-7 255 OLNEY, MD
- CHAMP THOMPSON DT 6-3 280 NORCROSS, GA
- HEVIN BROWN-SHULER DT 6-4 290 ATLANTA
- DREW WOODAZ LB 6-3 200 TAMPA
- SAMMY BROWN LB 6-2 220 JEFFERSON GA
- NOLAN HAUSER PK 6-0 170 CORNELIUS, NC
- DAVID EZIOMUME RB 6-1 200 SUWANEE, GA
- NOAH DIXON SAF 6-2 175 LAGRANGE, GA
- CHRISTIAN BENTANCUR TE 6-5 240 WOODSTOCK, IL
- TJ MOORE WR 6-3 190 TAMPA
- BRYANT WESCO WR 6-2 180 MIDLOTHIAN, TX