USC will play its first game as a ranked team since 2018 this Saturday when the Gamecocks take on Missouri for Homecoming. The Gamecocks are on a four-game winning streak and are 5-2 overall, 2-2 in the SEC. They have lost three in a row to the Tigers who are coming off a win over Vanderbilt and are 3-4 and 1-3.
Tuesday at his weekly press conference, USC coach Shane Beamer pronounced his team healthy and focused on the next game despite the hoopla over their #25 national ranking. Beamer said receiver Corey Rucker remains out but defensive end Terrell Dawkins practiced Tuesday morning and is not far away from being able to play.
USC opened as a 5.5 point favorite but the consensus line is down to 3.5 Kickoff will be 4:00 PM on the SEC Network.
Key comments from Beamer:
- Missouri a big challenge this week, talented team that’s been in every SEC game this season, one possession games, they are much improved on defense, near top in SEC in every category.
- Missouri really good on OL, good quarterback and receivers, very good in return game.
- Rucker is day to day but a potential redshirt exists and is becoming more and more likely.
- Missouri defensive line can single handedly wreck your game plan.
- Beamer: When he was at Oklahoma, they were after Luther Burden real hard, a great player in high school, a great talent for them as receiver and fearless as a punt returner, he will field it anywhere. Real explosive.