Fresh off a top-ten victory over NC State Saturday night, 5th ranked Clemson will look to extend their winning streak to a dozen Saturday night at Boston College. The Tigers are a consensus 20.5-point favorite for their first trip to Chestnut Hill since 2018. They have won the last 11 meetings in the series which they lead 20-9-2.
Some of Swinney’s key comments:
- Lots of praise for the Eagles…dangerous at quarterback, receiver, big offensive line, quality on defense. needs more precision for his own team. Need to handle different formations and shifts by the BC offense.
- Eagles wide receiver Zay Flowers is a real problem, as good as any receiver in the country.
- Boston College QB Phil Jorkovec will be an NFL quarterback.
- The Red Bandana game at Boston College is always special because of what it means, always loves going to Boston College, some good and bad memories from going up there.
- Feels his guys played their best game last week, they are maturing and practicing well.
- Troy Pride practiced well last week, showed urgency and focus he needed to show, played well in the game vs NC State.
- On the development of KJ Henry, told him to look in the mirror when he thought about transferring, “the mirror travels with you,” work on your own game, and he took it to heart and worked to get better, and he did, he’s playing his best football.
- Brian Bresee will not play this week, he’s doing well, this week is for conditioning for him, he’s out at practice, and he practiced last week. He’s better now than he was last week.
- Two years ago, DJ Uiagalelei made his first career start at BC and people were ready to crown him as next great one, then last year people wanted him to move to tight end, what hasn’t changed is the kid’s self-belief and work ethic, he knows its not far from outhouse to penthouse.
- DE Xavier Thomas continues to make progress with his foot, he’s been practicing and is very close to returning to game action.