SAF Bryce Thornton (5-10 185) of Alpharetta, GA is a multi-purpose defensive back with 26 offers as he begins to take March visits this weekend. He has played all the secondary positions…corner, safety and nickel…and that versatility has impressed the recruiters.
He camped at Clemson last June 6th where corners coach Mike Reed and safeties coach Mickey Conn got the chance to see him in person. He is returning to Clemson Monday to watch the Tigers practice and to visit with the coaches. He hasn’t been offered yet by the Tigers but the strong interest is there dating back to last summer.
“I really liked it, especially when Coach Reed was helping me and some of the players who were at the camp,” Thornton said. “I play safety, so I talk to Coach Conn now. He said he likes my versatility and my ball skills, and I’m aggressive when it comes to tackling.”
Thornton hopes to use the visit to learn more about the school and also visit more with Conn about their interest in him and how he might fit in with their secondary.
“I’ve seen the campus a little bit, so I just want to see the whole thing,” Thornton said. “Their interest means a lot because they’ve had some really good safeties come out, and the secondary in general.”
Thornton’s father, Bruce Thornton, was a running back at Georgia in the 1990s, a team captain and a 4th round NFL Draft pick. The Dogs have offered, and one would think this might be a slam dunk recruiting case for the Bulldogs. Not the case Thornton said.
Of his 26 offers, Thornton cited LSU, Florida, Auburn and Georgia as some that stand out. He will visit Alabama Saturday and LSU on April 2nd. He also plans to visit Florida and Ohio State.
Last season Thornton recorded 54 solo tackles and had six interceptions. His brother, by the way, is a basketball signee with Ohio State.
- USC target WR Malik Benson was offered by Oklahoma.
- Camden DT Xzavier McLeod was offered by Oregon.
- QB Hayden Vasquez of Palmetto Prep committed to The Citadel.
- Gray Collegiate WR Austin Harris committed to SC State.
- Daniel CB Misun Kelly will visit Clemson Saturday.
- SAF Jordan Bass plans to visit Clemson Saturday.
- DT Stephiylan Green plans to visit Clemson Saturday.
- USC target RB Treyaun Webb visited Florida Thursday.
- Hilton Head DT Chris Marable was offered by Virginia Tech.
- WR Donielle Hayes (6-0 180) of Pensacola, FL plans to visit Clemson March 14th.
- 2024 LB Andrew Hines III of Atlanta visited Clemson Thursday.
- Sumter DE Monteque Rhames was offered by Ole Miss.
- USC target CB Sharif Denson visited Florida Thursday.
- USC target DE Jaybron Harvey visited North Carolina Thursday.
- USC target ATH Ahmad Brown was offered by Mississippi State.
- Clemson target CB Braxton Myers will visit Florida State Saturday.