All-star football is back in South Carolina. After a one-year hiatus due to Covid, the Touchstone Energy Cooperatives Bowl (formerly the North-South Game) returns Saturday to Doug Shaw Memorial Stadium in Myrtle Beach. Kickoff will be 12:30 PM.
The two coaching staffs, with no competition from the Shrine Bowl this year, had the pick of all the top seniors in the state, so the game promises to be one of the most exciting in the event’s history that dates back to 1947. The South has won the last two games, but the North leads the all-time series 39-30-2.
A highlight of Saturday’s game will come at halftime with the naming of Mr. Football in South Carolina for 2021. The five finalists are RB KZ Adams of Gray Collegiate, QB Will Mattison of Northwestern, QB Trent Pearman of Daniel, WR Adam Randall of Myrtle Beach and LB Jaylen Sneed of Hilton Head.
This week we talked with Bob Pauling of Touchstone Energy about the Thursday shopping spree at the Myrtle Beach Target as well as players WR Josh Sapp of the North and WR Zavier Short of the South.
The game will be broadcast live on the following stations of the SportsTalk Media Network with airtime at 12:00 PM
- WPUB FM Camden 102.7
- WTMZ FM Charleston 98.9
- WQUL AM-FM Columbia 1470, 100.7
- WOLH FM Florence 96.3
- WROO FM Greenville-Anderson-Clemson 104.9
- WLBG AM-FM Laurens 860, 104.1
- WSEA FM Myrtle Beach 100.3
- WPJK AM-FM Orangeburg 1580, 92.9
- WRHM FM Rock Hill-Lancaster 107.1
- WQUL AM-FM Spartanburg-Woodruff 1510, 101.7
- Also, the game will be streamed on Twitter @sportstalksc, and on Facebook and YouTube at SportsTalkMediaNetwork.