USC basketball coach Frank Martin met with the media Thursday morning inside the practice facility, and he was blunt about last year’s six-win season…it was the worst coaching job of his career, there was a disconnect between him and the players due to a lack of practice time, and he’s vowed to fix his program with this year’s team which includes nine newcomers between transfers and recruits.
Some key notes from Martin’s media session:
- He takes full blame for last season, got away from his coaching style.
- Loves the physicality this team is showing and he’s back coaching his way.
- Team has a lot of scoring and is very big, will go back to an inside-out offensive attack.
- All but two players are vaccinated, they’ve had no Covid issues since the summer.
- Keyshawn Bryant dinged a knee, and also had a death in family, so he’s out till early next week.