Three-star DE Jamaal Whyce (6-4 255) of Miami Sunday announced a commitment to USC. His announcement comes a week after Gamecock head coach Shane Beamer tweeted his “Welcome Home” commitment alert for Whyce. Whyce had visited USC last weekend and actually tweeted on June 11th that his recruiting was over and he would announce on Father’s Day.
Whyce also reported offers from Alabama, Indiana, Pitt, Kentucky, Miami, Ole Miss, Syracuse, Marshall and Florida. He is ranked 103rd among defensive linemen in the 247Sports Composite and #96 among prospects in Florida.
Last season Whyce, who lived in Dayton, OH before moving to Florida last August, totaled 39 tackles and 9.5 sacks in four games. The Gamecocks also have offered his teammate and cousin, 2023 CB Antonio Robinson.
Whyce gives the Gamecocks six commitments for the 2022 class.
USC 2022 commitments:
- GRAYSON MAINS OT 6-5 265 SUWANEE, GA
- BRADEN DAVIS QB 6-5 185 MIDDLETOWN, DE
- DONOVAN WESTMORELAND LB 6-2 195 GRIFFIN, GA
- KAJUAN BANKS CB 5-10 170 TALLAHASSEE
- JAMAAL WHYCE DE 6-4 255 MIAMI
- JY’VONTE MCCLENDON SAF 6-2 180 LAKELAND, FL