USC quarterback target Braden Davis of Middletown, DE will announce Tuesday a date for when he will drop his short list of six or seven schools he’s considering. USC would appear to be a lock for that short list. Davis recently made a personal visit to the campus, and he was offered by USC head coach Shane Beamer and quarterbacks coach Marcus Satterfield a week ago. The communication between the two sides has been steady.
“I actually talked to coach Beamer today (Monday),” Davis said. “I didn’t realize this, but one of my friends, Marshawn Lloyd, he’s actually doing engineering at South Carolina, which is what I plan to do. That’s great. We’re actually going to get on a Zoom call this week and just talk some ball. We’ve just been doing a bunch of FaceTime calls, texting back and forth, stuff like that.”
Cincinnati offered Davis on Monday. Some of his other offers include Duke, Maryland, Alabama, Florida, Oregon, Penn State, Virginia Tech, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, Tennessee, West Virginia, NC State, Stanford, Iowa, Florida State and Arkansas.
Davis has not set any official visits at this point. And apparently, those won’t take place before he makes a commitment.
“I’m thinking I’m going to make a decision before the dead period ends, and then I’ll be able to take my official visits,” Davis said. The NCAA is expected to end the dead period effective May 31st.
- Clemson target DT Hero Kanu of Rancho Santa Margarita, CA was offered by Florida.
- USC target DT Aaron Bryant has set an official visit to Texas June 25th.
- Clemson and USC target DE DJ Wesolak of Boonville, MO plans to name a top 15 Friday.
- SAF Jourdan Thomas of Montgomery, AL, who had an offer from USC, committed to Mississippi State.
- RB KZ Adams of Gray Collegiate was offered by Army.
- 2023 QB LaNorris Sellers (6-2 214) of South Florence was offered by Washington State. Last season he passed for 1100 yards and 12 touchdowns with 7 interceptions, and he rushed for 618 yards and 11 touchdowns.
- Stockrisers reported Clemson, Indiana, and Texas A&M are the programs that have reached out to Louisville transfer 6-4 Josh Nickelberry
- 6-9 Langston Wilson, who had USC on his short list before committing to Alabama in October, decommitted from Alabama Monday. He said he’s not heard from USC since decommitting but he is open to all schools.
- USC forward Trey Anderson has put his name in the NCAA Transfer Portal. He averaged three points per game. And one-time Gamecock forward Patrick Iriel also is in the portal. He left the program in late October and withdrew from school.
- Former Charleston Southern guard Phlandrous Fleming is transferring to Florida.
- Former West Florence star guard Sharone Wright Jr. is transferring out of Morgan State.