USC continues to load up the month of June with official visits. The latest target to announce a scheduled visit is CB Chris Graves (6-2 180) of Fort Myers, FL. He has set his official visit for June 25th. Graves said he has been talking with Gamecocks secondary coach Torrian Gray, and he has enough interest in the Gamecocks to take a closer look.
“We’re developing a relationship right now,” Graves said. “He said he lives my speed, my length and my size. He likes my physicality and the way I can cover receivers. They are in the SEC, so they are a big school.”
Graves also has set an official visit with USF for July 16th. Some of his other offers include Coastal Carolina, Louisville, LSU, Minnesota, Iowa, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Illinois, UCF, Florida State, Miami, East Carolina, Boston College, Penn State, Maryland, Georgia Tech, Virginia and West Virginia.
Clemson also has been in touch with Graves. The Tigers have not yet offered but cornerbacks coach Mike Reed has been in conversations with Graves.
“They definitely would be one of my top choices if they offered,” Graves said. “They like me at corner because of my size, my physicality, my speed, my technique. He just thinks I’m an all-around good player. Hopefully they’ll offer me.”
Graves said he schools showing the strongest interest at this point would be USC, LSU, Maryland, Illinois, USF, Florida State and Miami. He plans to wait until February to make a decision.
Graves is a two-way player who also stars at receiver. Last season on defense he had 26 tackles with 4 pass break ups and 1 interception. On offense he had 27 catches for 500 yards and 4 touchdowns. He’s rated a three-star in the 247Sports Composite and is ranked the #47 ATH nationally in the 2022 class.
- USC offered RB Dylan Sampson (5-10 180) of Geismar, LA. He’s rated a three-star in the 247Sports Composite and the #44 running back nationally in the 2022 class. Some other offers are Tennessee, Duke, NC State, Memphis, Houston, Purdue, Wake Forest, Cal, Indiana, Louisiana, Western Kentucky, Colorado and Vanderbilt. In 8 games this past season, Sampson rushed for 1357 yards averaging 10.8 yards per carry, and he scored 15 touchdowns.
- USC offered RB De’Anthony Gatson (5-10 198) of Newton, TX. He’s rated a three-star in the 247Sports Composite and is ranked 46th nationally among running backs in the class. Some other offers include Baylor, Houston, Colorado, Iowa State, Michigan and Southern Cal. Last season he rushed for 1974 yards and 29 touchdowns. He’s rushed for 4070 yards and 62 touchdowns in his career.
- USC target OT Ryan Brubaker was offered by Florida.
- Clemson target OT Kiyaunta Goodwin (6-8 305) of Charlestown, IN has set April 17 for his announcement. Clemson, Alabama, Michigan State, Ohio State and Kentucky have been his top schools.
- Clemson target DT Hero Kanu (6-5 293) of Rancho Santa Margarita, CA was offered by Ohio State.
- Clemson target SAF Sherrod Covil (6-0 185) of Chesapeake, VA was offered by Ohio State.
- Hammond OT Drew Bobo confirmed he will play his senior season at Auburn High in Alabama. His family is moving to Auburn where his father is the offensive coordinator. Bobo was offered by USC but said their interested has dropped off. He also picked up an offer from Virginia Thursday night.
- Penn State offered Dutch Fork WR Antonio Williams
- We’re told USC is recruiting 6-2 Zaire Wade of Chicago, son of former NBA great Dwayne Wade. Wade attends Brewster Academy in New Hampshire and is a teammate of Gamecock signee Devin Carter. Carter’s father is with the Miami Heat as a player development coach, and is close with Wade from their days with the Heat. Wade is at the Masters and we’re told might take a quick trip to Columbia to check out the university while he’s close buy. A side note, former USC coach Darrin Horn recruited Wade to Marquette when he was an assistant on that staff.
- 6-6 Nick Farrar is transferring to the College of Charleston from NC State.