Clemson will play its Orange & White Spring Game Saturday inside Death Valley and a limited number of fans will be let in. One interested spectator will be CB Toriano Pride (5-11 172) of St. Louis. He and his family will fly out of Missouri on Friday and stay the weekend at Clemson on a personal visit. Pride also saw the campus in February.
Building back up the numbers at his position is a prime concern for Clemson cornerbacks coach Mike Reed, and Pride said Reed and Clemson are making a strong play for him.
“I’ve built a good relationship with some of the coaches, I talk to them almost every day,” Pride said. “Nothing but good things from them. I’m talking to Coach Reed a lot. He’s basically telling me how low they are on DBs and how I can help them a lot. How I can make an impact on the team. He said I’m dynamic and he could put me at multiple positions.”
Pride can’t meet with the coaches or go inside the facilities on his visit. What he can do is sit in the stands and take in everything that he can.
“Just get that good feel for it and watch how they run the defense,” Pride said.
Pride has set an official visit to Ohio State for June 6th. He said he’s also strong on Georgia and Alabama at this point but hasn’t set any other visits. He wants to make his decision before his season.
- USC offered 2023 LB Raylen Wilson (6-1 190) of Tallahassee.
- USC offered 2023 LB Troy Bowles (6-1 205) of Tampa.
- USC offered 2025 SAF DJ Pickett (6-2 170) of Tampa. Florida, Florida State, LSU and Arizona State are some other early offers.
- USC made the top 10 with WR CJ Smith along with Florida, Auburn, Michigan, Arkansas, Tennessee, Iowa State, UCF, West Virginia and Florida State.
- WR Peter Kikwata (6-1 170) of Germantown, MD has set an official visit with USC for June 11th.
- Clemson offered 4-star RB Branson Robinson (5-10 220) of Madison, MS. He’s the #7 RB nationally in the class in the 247Sports Composite. He rushed for 1179 yards and 15 touchdowns last season.
- Clemson target DE Samuel Okunlola was offered by Tennessee.
- Clemson target DE DJ Wesolak was offered by Florida.
- Penn offered Chapin WR Zavier Short.
- 2023 OT Monroe Freeling of Oceanside Collegiate was offered by Arizona State.
- Marquette transfer guard Symir Torrence, who had talked with USC coach Frank Martin, announced a transfer to Syracuse. He is from Syracuse.