New USC offensive line coach Greg Adkins is making a push for three-star OT Grayson Mains (6-5 265) of Suwanee, GA Adkins offered Mains in February, sight unseen of course. He liked what he saw on film enough to make a move for Mains, and he’s got the Gamecocks in a position of strong consideration at this point.
“So far it’s moving in a great direction,” Mains said. “I’m building a great relationship with the offensive line coach and it’s getting stronger from where we started. He sounds like a very smart man. He likes everything about my game. I’ve very excited to create a great relationship.”
Mains has not yet visited USC either in person or virtually, but that will come. In the meantime, he is communicating regularly with Adkins and is getting a positive vibe about the new direction of the Gamecock program.
“They gave off a great first impression,” Mains said. “I feel like we are going to be able to build a great relationship. I see the program heading in a good way with the new staff.”
Along with the Gamecocks, Mains said Michigan State and Arizona State are making a big play for him. He also just picked up an offer Tuesday from Tennessee. He also has offers from Air Force, Mississippi State, Wake Forest, Purdue, UCF, Liberty, Duke, West Virginia, UAB and East Carolina.
Mains is not rushing the process and he wants to see how things develop with the various staffs before deciding on favorites.
“The relationships I have with the coaches will have a big impact,” Mains said. “I feel like over the summer will be huge with visits, meeting coaches and talking to them in person for the first time. I feel like I want to know my decision by the end of next season.”
Mains will not be graduating early.
- USC offered three-star SAF D’Arco Perkins-McAllister (6-1 185) of Nashville. He’s ranked the #38 safety nationally in the 247Sports Composite. Oklahoma, Georgia, Penn State and Tennessee are some other offers.
- USC offered 2023 LB Jayvant Brown (6-0 195) of Deerfield Beach, FL. 247Sports rates him a four-star and the #1 OLB prospect nationally in his class. Last season he had 51 tackles, 16 tackles for loss and 3 sacks.
- USC target TE CJ Hawkins of Tampa was offered by Florida.
- USC target OT Leyton Nelson was offered by Southern Cal.
- WR Isaiah Sategna if Fayetteville, AR, who had USC in his top 10, committed to Texas A&M.
- USC offered DT Aaron Bryant (6-4 300) of Southaven, MS. He also has offers from Texas, Oregon, UCF, Middle Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Indiana, Southern Miss, Memphis, Georgia State, USF and Mississippi State.
- USC offered WR Addison Copeland (6-2 190) of Buffalo. He’s a former Rutgers commitment. Notre Dame, Boston College and BYU are some other offers.
- USC is in the top ten for CB Keenan Nelson of Philadelphia. The others are Notre Dame, Pitt, Maryland, Wisconsin, Penn State, Tennessee, West Virginia, Virginia Tech and Rutgers.
- USC offered 4-star OT Grant Bingham (6-6 302) of Paintsville, KY.
- USC offered 2023 DE Zavion Hardy of Macon, GA
- USC target CB Jordan Allen of Lafayette, LA has cancelled plans to announce on March 13th.
- Sumter DE Davin Jackson was offered by Howard.