Clemson athletics director Dan Radakovich will join us on SportsTalk at 6:45 PM tonight to talk about the plans unveiled Thursday regarding fans in the stands for home football games this season. The school will allow about 19,000 fans into Death Valley and will impose social distancing regulations along with other guidelines to keep the fans and the football teams safe. Friday morning Radakovich held a Zoom session with the media to dive into the details about the Clemson plan.
Here are a few key items from Radakovich’s Zoom with the media:
- They learned from the early positives with athletes and haven’t had a positive test in two weeks.
- They had 622 tests this week among athletes with 0 positives. They’ve had a total of 60 positives since starting.
- Part of testing process for all sports there will be a test the day before competition so results can come back early next day.
- They’ve had no issues with myocarditis with athletes.
- Students will sit in south upper deck and will get 2200-2300 tickets. The band will sit on the hill.
- Visiting teams in ACC will get 200 tickets.
- Media postgame interviews will be done via Zoom.
- Team will still ride buses from locker room to hill.
- Highly unlikely fans will be in their same seats they’ve had for years.