USC handed out several more offers in the last two days, most in the 2022 and ’23 class. But one senior offered by the Gamecocks was CB Tyreek Chappell (5-11 177) of Philadelphia. He committed to Texas A&M in early June. He also has offers from Michigan, Arizona State, Boston College, West Virginia, Penn State, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Georgia Tech and others. Chappell is rated a three-star prospect in the 247Sports Composite. Last season he had 30 tackles and 3 interceptions.
Other new offers by the Gamecocks:
- 2022 ATH Virgil Marshall (5-11 180) of Rockledge, FL.
- 2022 OT Zxavian Harris (6-6 305) of Madison, MS.
- 2022 FB/LB Stone Blanton (6-2 220) of Madison, MS. He’s currently committed in baseball to Mississippi State.
- 2022 Edwin Wilson Tar Kolenge (6-3 225), a native of Montreal who attends Clearwater Academy International School in Florida.
- 2023 DE Wilky Denaud (6-4 235) of Stuart, FL.
- 2023 DT Ka’Shawn Thomas (6-3 295) of Brunswick, GA.
- 2023 DL Joel Starlings (6-5 300) of Richmond, VA.
CB Tavoris Miller (6-0 160) of Miami included USC in his top 9. the others are Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, FAU, Western Kentucky, Miami and Rhode Island.
Former USC commitment WR Da’Qon Stewart of Huntersville, NC committed to Liberty.
Clemson offered 2023 6-8 JJ Jackson of Ridge View. He also has offers from USC, Virginia Tech and Syracuse.
USC target 6-9 Langston Wilson of Georgia Highlands JC was offered by Memphis.