USC missed its first six shots and spotted Texas A&M a 9-0 lead in Saturday’s game at the Colonial Life Arena. The Gamecocks then proceeded to hit 7 of their next 11 shots to take their first lead at 16-15. They took the lead for good at 19-18 and never looked back. USC beat the Aggies for the second time this season 74-54 to improve to 14-9 overall and 6-4 in the SEC.
Inside the Gamecocks’ win over Texas A&M
- The Gamecocks scored the last 9 points of the first half, the last three on a buzzer beating shot by Jermaine Couisnard, to lead 41-23 at the break.
- USC outscored A&M 15-3 to start the second half and the rout was on. AJ Lawson sparked the start with a pair of threes. The Aggies never got inside 20 points the rest of the way.
- The Gamecocks turned up their defense against the Aggies holding them to 27% shooting and forcing 20 turnovers, including 13 steals. They converted those turnovers to 21 points. They also blocked 8 shots.
- Lawson bounced back from his poor outing at Ole Miss with 18 points, including 4 three pointers. He also grabbed 5 rebounds
- Couisnard led the Gamecocks with 19 points. He added 4 rebounds and 3 assists.
- The Gameocks hit 8 three-points and went 20-27 from the foul line. And they outscored A&M 29-14 in the paint.
- Final Stats
Frank Martin postgame press conference